soccer on the parade ground

The river front parade ground used to be much smaller. 20 acres were added to this area in the 1880's. During WWII it was the location of many warehouses to help supply the war effort. Today it is primarily used for soccer games.

Photo provided by our friends at Think Detroit/PAL - Dave Richey photographer