Historic Fort Wayne Coalition 1848 Limestone Barraks
Commanding Officer's House

The Post’s Commanding Officer’s House was restored by the Historical Museum about 20 years ago back to the way it looked when it was first built.  Inside is a museum of what the interior would have looked like.  Much of the funding for the interior was provided by the Colonial Dames in the State of Michigan and they now help the HFWC by providing as much funding as possible for the restoration work.  Their funding made the replacement of the front steps possible over the past year and they are now helping fund the replacement of the back steps. Working with the HFWC, two Eagle Scout projects have helped with the painting and upkeep of the outside of this building.
Photo by Will Eichler